[ PDF Download ]
This book demonstrates the excellence and rich features of early Korean printing culture. It begins with the origins of printing culture in the world and in Korea and development moving on to discuss in detail about woodblock printing and movable type printing in Korea that include many artifacts registered as memory of the world. Especially, the book contains illustrated discussion on the invention and development of metal movable type printing. Although this book is written to broaden the understanding on Korean culture, the contents are written from a bibliographic perspective making the book a valuable reference to students of Korean bibliography.
[ Contents ]
1. Korea’s Memory of the World and Early Printing (古印刷)
2. The Origins of World Printing Culture and Korea
3. Woodblock Printing and Movable Type Printing
4. The Invention and Development of Metal Movable Type Printing
5. The Publishing Entities of Korean Traditional Prints